Friday, April 7, 2006

punk rock songs about mickey mouse and a pimped out pad

So it's late. I have work at 9 AM and it's 2 AM right now. The reason that I am awake is that Alex (my new roomate) and Rachel (a girl that stayed in my apt. for a month before alex moved in) came with me to see the subhumans at Emo's. It was basically the best punk rock band i've ever seen live. And while I haven't frequented a million punk rock shows, I've seen my fair share. OK, I've actually seen about 5. Still, it was the best.

So Alex moved in last night, and it was a very frustrating night of heavy lifting...however, I feel manlier after carrying those couches up the stairs. I worked at the sandwich shop from 10am to 8 pm today....which is by far the easiest, laziest job one can possibly have. When I returned home, Alex had pimped out the apartment completely, making the place incredibly awesome and livable. My home is now vacuumed and has furniture that is not upside down or filled with boxes. I'm so poor at organization, so he was an excellent help.

I am in slight fear that we will be kicked out this month, though. Alex has not officially applied to live here (the lease w/ Ryan ends April 30th, Alex just paid me for the month) - my "landlords" need an actual formal application from my other roomate....even though i'm the only one writing the rent check. I find these formalities pretty silly. Anyway, the frustrating part of all this is that the primary criteria for approval is a good credit rating. Alex does not have a good credit rating. Hence, if he's not approved, he can't live here. This poses a problem. I really didn't think I would have to go through all this crap, but apparently I do. Damn the man!

OK, that's enough, I'm sleepy.

-b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a clean house. A clean home is a happy home. Clean clean clean, cleany clean clean. I am a clean robot.

I hope everything works out with your rooommate situation.

Also, don't damn the man. The man loves you, and you just hurt his feelings.